Wednesday 5 October 2011

Radio Training Complete!

I had my final radio training lesson last night. Me and another 'student' did a 12 minute show with me on the desk. The topic we discussed was wellbeing and happiness (his choice) while I prepared a running order and chose the music.

While I had my intro music with me on a CD it was a bit annoying that the other two tracks we wanted to play (It's my life by Talk Talk and You get what you give by The New Radicals) weren't stored on their system. In the end we did Walk of Life by Dire Straits and then Ace of Base with Beautiful Life which were both were picked due to their loose connection with the show's subject matter.

When we listened to the play back I noticed I didn't turn on my co-presenter's mic on at first and then left backing track on full while he was talking. They were only glitches mind so I'm confident I can run a decent show now I've spotted those pitfalls.

The tutor said that we are all ready to start broadcasting on Peterborough FM so all we have to do is agree a show format and then book a slot. That means my first show could be in the next couple of weeks - Hurrah!

On a separate note the hectic lifestyle I've been living lately is settling down so I can begin to get back to the blog gain. I will give a more detailed update later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment